Explained: Doubts behind the secrecy of NSCN IM peace accord
Just after the peace accord been signed between Government of India and NSCN-IM on Monday, doubts are pouring in for the total secrecy maintained by the Government of India. Meanwhile the vague approach towards the deal has created confusion among the neighbouring stakeholder states of Nagaland. Let us have a look about the major confusion coming out after the peace accord.
1. According to the other North-eastern states the accord might contains anything inimical to the integrity of the State neighbouring Nagaland.
2. The Government of Manipur specially was informed every time the Government of India held dialogue with NSCN-IM during the past 10 years but this time it did not.
3. When RS Pandey was the interlocutor during the UPA Government, the other States were been informed about the dialogue and the same tradition was continuing even after the NDA Government appointed RN Ravi as the interlocutor but when the deal was cracked it was kept secret.
4. Several intelligence agencies of the Government of India have been enquired about the accord but they too maintained that they have little knowledge about it.
5. Questioning if there is a hidden agenda behind keeping the accord a closely guarded secret, Chief Minister Assam and Manipur claimed not to accept the accord if it contains anything inimical to the integrity of their states.