- Current Affairs
- Entertainment and Lifestyle
KOHIMA | AUGUST 20, 2020:
The Director of Information and Public Information (DIPR) Nagaland, tweeted that Mokokchung bagged the "Cleanest City" award in North East India under the Population of 25 to 50 Thousand Catagory.
The award was presented by Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri, in the Swachh Survekshan 2020 program.
Initiated in the year 2016, the methodology, process, and outcome indicators survey for Swachh Bharat Mission, was conducted by the Quality Council of India (QCI), designed by the Ministry of Urban Development.
The parameters for evaluation consists of six factors:
– collection and transportation of municipal solid waste,
– processing and disposal of municipal solid waste,
– sanitation related progress,
– Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) activities,
– capacity building,
– innovation and best practices, WebSphere Application Server (WAS) introduced.
ALSO READ :