Nagaland: Poisonous mushrooms claim two lives in Bhandari

Nagaland: Poisonous mushrooms claim two lives in Bhandari

KOHIMA | May 4:

Two people including a 12 years old boy lost their lives after consuming wild, poisonous mushrooms in Bhandari town under Wokha district of Nagaland.

It was informed that a family of four members from Yimza Village, consumed wild ground mushrooms which turned out to be poisonous.

They were admitted to Christian Medical Centre (CMC) Vankhosung, Wokha on May 3, however, a son and his mother succumbed to the poison on May 3 and 4 respectively.

The 12 years old son, a student of class 7, was stated to have died on the evening of 3rd May and the mother Wobeni Kikon died the next day on 4th May.

Managing Director, (MD) CMC, Dr. Rilanthung Odyuo stated that the father and his older son are presently in a stable condition and are under care.

The father, Yihamo Kikon stated that they consumed the unsuspecting ground mushroom on the evening of 29th April 2020.

Related Stories

The Northeast Today
www.thenortheasttoday.com