Tripura deprived of Rs 2000 Cr annually due to dissolution of Planning Commission

Tripura deprived of Rs 2000 Cr annually due to dissolution of Planning Commission

Agartala September 10,2017: Tripura is deprived of Rs 1500 to Rs 2000 crore annually after dissolution of Planning Commission of India and formation of NITI Aayog, said Chief Minister Manik Sarkar.

The Narendra Modi government has indeed brought a change by scrapping Planning Commission to make way for NITI Aayog but most of the people don't know about the new organization, he said while speaking in the 13th biennial state conference of Tripura Gramin Bank Officers' Union yesterday.

"We have taken up the issue with the Prime Minister about the fallout of Planning Commission's absence. In a state like Tripura, it is quite difficult to carry out development activities after scrapping of such a big amount every year", he pointed out.Asserting that the objective of independence has been fading with every passing day, the Chief Minister said the gap between rich and poor has been widening due to mal-distribution of wealth and added, "Only 1 percent of the population holds country's total 69 percent wealth leaving rest to 31 percent Assets. Now, one can easily understand what is happening in the country.

"The people of Republic of India expected the country to function in accordance with the Constitution but now that spirit has been faded, he alleged.Coming down heavily on the Modi government, Sarkar questioned, "What is the success of the country in the last three years? What are the plans being undertaken and what is the status of these plans? Subsidy is being cut down by the government leading to suffering of common people".

The country is having abundant natural resources apart from huge human resource but there is no plan to tap the opportunity. People did not expect this kind of change in the name of acche din. The Centre must take step meaningful steps to address the welfare for common people, Sarkar attributed.

Source: Agencies

Related Stories

The Northeast Today
www.thenortheasttoday.com