5 things you should know about the world’s deepest swimming pool
For all you adventurers out there who cannot get enough of travelling expeditions, this is the place that will take your breath away! The world's deepest swimming pool is the height of nine double decker buses placed on top of each other.
1. Located in the Hotel Millepini Terme in Montegrotto Terme, Italy, Y-40 The Deep Joy holds the Guinness World Record for being the world's deepest swimming pool.
2. It measures 69 X 59 feet and has a maximum depth of 40 metres (131 feet), so the name Y-40.
3. The pool holds a staggering 4300 cubic metres (4.3 million litres) of water which is kept at a temperature of 32 to 34 degrees Celsius.
4. You will also find some amazing underwater caves in here.
5. Designed by renowned architect Emanuele Boaretto, this pool is perfect for leisure dives, dive training and photo shoots. It is particularly aimed at scuba divers and free divers who can hold their breath for minutes at a time.
6. Apart from scuba diving and free diving, there are a number of recreational tasks available at the pool, including aqua fitness, watsu, hydro-kinesi therapy and special activities for pregnant women.