Nagaland: School burnt down in Kiphire district
KIPHIRE: According to sources, Jawahar Navodiya Vidyalaya School in Kiphire district was burnt down when a major fire broke out on Saturday, April 9. Major damaged was reported including the Principal's chamber, administrative office, medical instruction room, staff room and staff quarter. Official documents of the staff were also burnt to ashes.
However, there weren't any casualties involved in the incident.
Sources revealed that the incident was cause by a short circuit.
Tapan Kr Mishra, Principal of the school told newsmen that, "17 fire personnel with fire tenders reached the spot but by that time most parts of the school was burnt down and property worth more than Rs 25 lakh was destroyed." Adding that the staff residing on the ground floor of the school had also did their best to tame the fire but the fire was too strong.
The night Chowkidar of the school informed that the fire started at the top floor of the building and it escalated quickly as the building was mostly built on woods.
It may be mentioned that the Jawahar Navodiya Vidyalaya, which was established in 2006, is still running in a temporary building with no fencing and proper building. The school is facing lot of hardship and with the burning down of the only temporary building, the future of the students enrolled at the Vidyalaya appears grim.
Featured Image: Representational