- Current Affairs
- Entertainment and Lifestyle
Shillong police have made special traffic arrangements in view of the visit of Home Minister Amit Shah to Shillong on January 23 to attend the 69th Plenary Session of the North Eastern Council (NEC) at Nongrim Hills.
In line with this, the city police have declared No-Entry zones for vehicular movement on January 23 from 8 am to 5 pm at the following junctions.
PLACES OF NO ENTRY
1. Nongrim Hills Market Junction towards NEC Office.
2. Old Post Office Jn. towards NEC Office.
3. Behind NEC Junction.
4. Nongrim Hills water tank towards NEC Office.
5. DG Assam Rifle Residence Jn. towards NEC Office.
6. Nongshiliang Trai-Ri Church Junction towards D.G Assam Rifle Residence.
7. Seventh Day Junction toward Wood Garage.
Besides the traffic arrangement, the entire stretch around the North East Council (NEC) is being given a facelift ahead of the Home Minister's visit.
Workers were involved in refurbishing the walls and footpaths of the entire area, which otherwise remains neglected at other times.