- Current Affairs
- Entertainment and Lifestyle
Eleven shops were gutted in a fire incident after three cylinders burst at Dainadubi village in North Garo Hills district of Meghalaya on December 19.
According to sources, at around 2:45 this morning, an unregulated cylinder, that was lying unattended, exploded.
The fire was brought under control after the Dainadubi Outpost contacted the nearest emergency services at Damra, about 3 kilometres away in Goalpara in Assam.
“An investigation has been launched on the incident, but we believe that the fire was started because of a faulty gas cylinder. As most of the shops were kutcha, they caught fire and were destroyed,” said superintendent of police, NGH, Abraham T Sangma.
According to reports, the traders lost Rs 20 lakh because of the fire.
(Edited by Laxmi Chyrmang)