- Current Affairs
- States News
- TNT Impact
- Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Business and Finance
KHLIEHRIAT | Dec 13, 2018:
Around 13 people including three locals of Lumthari village in East Jaintia Hills (EJH) were trapped inside the coal mine after it collapsed at Ksan near Lyteiñ river under Saipung Police Station in EJH district of Meghalaya.
According to police sources, the mine appeared to be an old coal mine and after a gap of many years, work was resumed just 3-4 days back.
It was informed that out the 13 persons, four of them are residents of Assam, six from West Garo Hills and three from East Jaintia Hills.
Due to the over flowing of water, it was assumed that the trapped persons could have died, though, there are no signs of dead bodies.
"The water is being pumped up with the help of a generator and is in progress. Case is being registered against the owner," said the police source.
The identities of the coal miners (as provided by the police) have been identified as:
1. Omor Ali of Magurmari, West Garo Hills
2. Mezamur Islam of Phesiakandi, Rajabala, WGH
3. Mominul Islam of Rajabala, WGH
4. Amir Hussain of Apdaguri, Sirang, Assam
5. Munirul Islam of Bogidar, Sirang, Assam
6. Saiar Islam of Khoyarsala, Sirang, Assam
7. Shirapat Ali of Magurmari, WGH
8. Mozid Sk of Magurmari, WGH
9. Raziul Islam of Magurmari, Phulbari, WGH
10. Md. Samsul Haque of Kurihamari, PS-Bhangnamari, Nalbari, Assam
11. Chal Dkhar of Lumthari, East Jaintia Hills
12. Iong Dkhar of Lumthari, EJH
13. Nilam Dkhar of Lumthari, EJH