- Current Affairs
- Entertainment and Lifestyle
Cyclonic circulation formed over Northeastern India
NORTHEAST | September 21, 2019:
Here's our latest weather outlook for India
Saturday – Nationwide Forecast
The monsoon is active over Western India, but weak over Northern, Eastern and North Eastern India.
A low pressure area has been located over east-central Arabian Sea and adjoining area on Saturday. A trough from this system is extending up to Andaman & Nicobar Island via Tamil Nadu. It will produce heavy rain and thunderstorms over Western, Southern India and Andaman & Nicobar Island.
A cyclonic circulation has formed over Northeastern India on Saturday. This system and the southerly humid winds from the Bay of Bengal will bring widespread rain and thunderstorms over Northeastern India from Saturday afternoon. The cyclonic circulation is later forecast to develop and move northwestward.
Heavy rain and thunderstorms are likely over Tamil Nadu and Andaman & Nicobar Island.
Fairly widespread rain and thunderstorms have been forecast over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Western Madhya Pradesh, Eastern Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala.
Scattered rain and thunderstorms are possible over Sikkim, Chhattisgarh, Eastern Madhya Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and Telangana.
Isolated rain and thunderstorms are expected over West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar and Western Rajasthan.
Sunday and Beyond
The low pressure over east-central Arabian Sea and adjoining area is forecast to move westward on Sunday.
Total rainfall of over 30-50 mm in 24 hours is likely over Northeastern India on Sunday.
Rain totals of 50-80 mm are likely with localized spots receiving up to 100 mm over Tamil Nadu and Andaman & Nicobar Island until Monday morning.
Here is the rainfall breakup w.r.t. intensity for Sunday:
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andaman & Nicobar Island.
- Fairly widespread rain and thunderstorms: Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Sikkim, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Western Madhya Pradesh, Eastern Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Kerala.
- Scattered rain and thunderstorms: Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Eastern Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Delhi.
- Isolated rain and thunderstorms: Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and Western Rajasthan.