Four from a family die after eating wild mushroom in Assam

Four from a family die after eating wild mushroom in Assam

JORHAT: Four persons of a family died after eating wild mushrooms in Sivasagar district, police have revealed today.

A family living at Lalit Pathar area in Taukak tea estate cooked and consumed wild mushrooms collected from nearby jungles on Sunday, Sonari Sub-Divisional Police Officer Kandarpa Chomuwa said.

Soon they fell ill and were rushed to the Sonari PHC.

Doctors there referred all four to Assam Medical College and Hospital in Dibrugarh where they died last evening, he said.

It may be mentioned that recently, at least 14 labourers from Dhubri district in western Assam died under mysterious circumstances in a remote village in East Jaintia Hills district. They allegedly consumed some wild fruit which they used to prepare chutney with.

(With inputs from agencies)

Related Stories

The Northeast Today
www.thenortheasttoday.com