Eye Specialist from Assam redefines nature through exhibition on wooden sculptures
A seven-day solo exhibition of wooden sculptures "Myriad Expressions of Nature" by an eye specialist from Assam is currently going on at Lalit Kala Akademi in New Delhi. The exhibition was inaugurated by visual artist Badal Chitrakar on the evening of 29th February 2016 and will continue till the 6th of March.
Dr Hiren Saikia is devotedly associated in this art field expressing his reverence for nature in the form of creating unusual and striking pieces of art from the otherwise mangled, twisted and broken pieces of wood logs and driftwood.
He has exhibited his artworks in different platforms in Assam. Some of the notable ones are:
1. A solo exhibition at Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra, Guwahati, Assam (2005)
2. A solo exhibition at Gallery Artist Guild, Guwahati, Assam (2005)
3. 2nd All Assam Art Contest & Exhibitionin Ongkar Art Gallery, Jorhat, Assam (2004)
4. A solo exhibition at 3rd Festival of Assam, Jorhat, Assam (2004)
5. First North East State Exhibition of Art in collaboration with Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi at Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra, Guwahati, Assam (2004)
Photo Courtesy: Abhinav Saikia