Arunachal: Man undergoes surgery after accidentally swallowing a toothbrush

Arunachal: Man undergoes surgery after accidentally swallowing a toothbrush
Representational Image

ITANAGAR | SEPT 17, 2020:

A surgeon at Bakin Pertin Memorial Hospital Pasighat successfully removed a toothbrush from a man's stomach on Tuesday morning.

Bizarrely enough, the man, a resident of Roing Lower Dibang Valley, accidentally swallowed the toothbrush while he was brushing his teeth in the morning.

According to a statement by Dr. Bomni Tayeng, he, along with a nurse and anaesthetist, removed the toothbrush in a surgical operation which only lasted 35 minutes.

Tayeng stated that I surprised him that a person had somehow swallowed a toothbrush and said that the patient must have been cleaning the wall around tooth cavities when he mistakenly swallowed the toothbrush.

"The patient was not in any pain after ingesting the toothbrush but was experiencing minor discomfort on his upper abdomen," Tayeng said.

"He is being kept at the surgical ward in BPMH and his condition is alright," he said.

ALSO READ:

Related Stories

The Northeast Today
www.thenortheasttoday.com