Ardent led protest rally: All you need to know
After thorough discussions, the following decisions were taken:
1. Awareness programme will be conducted by the Urban Affairs Department in the Shillong Master Plan Areas outside the Municipal Jurisdiction.
2. Registered documents are not insisted upon while submitting the proposal for building permission, if not available, especially outside the Shillong Municipal areas.
3. For construction of a building in an area of 75 sq. m and below, building fee is exempted.
4. No building permission is required for construction of thatched houses.
5. Site plan for construction of building less than 50 sq. m area will be prepared by MUDA free of cost.
6. Special teams will be set up to expedite issue of occupancy certificate for the completed buildings.
7. The department will take up the matter with PHE and MeECL regarding issue of water supply and electricity connections to low income group buildings.
8. The department will further examine the proposal and put up the matter before the Chief Minister at the earliest.